This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to describe the faculties and services that we offer all our guests/ visitors.
ACCESS STATEMENT FOR CANAL CRUISING CO LTD. This access statement is available in larger print is required.
Set in the Staffordshire town of Stone on the Trent and Mersey canal, we operate 14 hire boats. They are classed as narrow boats being 6’10” wide and being in various lengths from 34’ to 70’ and sleeping from 2 to 8 person. We are ideally placed to visit most of the attractions in the central shires of England within easily reach of Stafford and Stoke on Trent by bus, train or taxi.
Our yard is block paved with steps down in to award winning dry docks of which we have 3. Each dock has slightly different amount of steps. These docks are not suitable for wheelchair or ramp access. We have one toilet which has a small step of about 3”. And our office has one step which is about 10”.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01785 813982 or email email@example.com
• You can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your post code and ours which is ST15 8QN to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is Stone approx. 1 mile but we collect you and your luggage by arrangement.
• We have ample parking on site for all our visitor. The surface in the main yard is block paved and on the overspill is hard core, but there is no level difference.
• Our main office can be located in the main yard in the centre of the buildings. There is a step into the office. Generally there is always staff wandering around who will greet you and point you in the correct area for you holiday boat.
• Access to you boat may be difficult as they are generally tied side by side along the wharf. If you have mobility difficulties please inform us on arrival and we will do our best to move the boat for easier access.
• There is also ropes (which move) and mooring rings/pins around the site so care is needed.
• Each boat has an up stand around the stern with a seating rail. The back decks are flat.
• To enter each boat from the stern there are usually 2 deep steps approx. 12“each. This rise and fall can be reduced by blocks of wood which can be added, prior knowledge if required would be useful.
• Entrance from the bow is slightly more difficult as the bow rises and can have seating then a step into the well. The door frames usually have a small up stand and then another couple of steps into the boat.
• The inside passage ways and living areas are flat, we do have a narrowed walker which can be used once inside the boat which is available on request.
• The wet rooms have a small up stand of about 6” on entry. The toilets height varies on each boat from 16” – 19”. The sinks are again at various heights 36” – 38”. If more info as to which boat is what height please contact me.
• The flooring in the wet room is of a non-slip surface but can be slippy once wet.
• The whole room is a wet room.
The bed rooms
• Bed are all at various height, info on a specific bed on a specific boat can be given on request.
Galley and Lounge area
• The seating heights vary on each boat. Information on a specific boat can be obtain on request.
• Again these can vary in height but info can be obtained on a specific boat on request.
• This does alter but whilst in Staffordshire we have the North Staffs University Hospital and Stafford Hospital. The distance does vary as you are moving along the various canals.
• Dogs are allowed on site.
Address: Canal Cruising Co Ltd, Crown Street, STONE, Staffs. ST15 8QN
Tel: Yard – 01785 813982,
Mobile – 07785 710309
Home – 01785 817080
Email: Kwyatt5745@aol.com or mail @canalcruising.co.uk